Machine Operator is responsible for ensuring the machine produces high quality products, runs smoothly and at high through puts and is properly maintained in accordance with food safety system.
Education & Skills:
- Grade 12
- Minimum one year machine operating experience in a manufacturing facility or similar relevant experience.
- Understanding and adhering to production processes.
- Analytical and numerical skills, ability to perform mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply, divide) in different units of measurement.
- Able to read, understand drawings and specifications pertaining to machinery operations.
Additional key attributes:
- Relationship Building: Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect.
- Safety Focus: Adheres to all workplace and trade safety laws, regulations, standards, and practices.
- A Valid Driver’s License is an advantage.
- Flexible working hours – Day/Night Shift
- Follow Instructions and Procedures: Follows instructions from supervisors without unnecessarily challenging authority; follows procedures and policies, keeps to schedules; sticks to timelines; is committed to the organisation; follows legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Maintain a safe work area: Work area is kept safe to prevent incidents and accidents and to protect self and others; Tools and equipment are cleaned, checked, and stored as required and any repairs reported or completed.
- Safe handling of tools, equipment & materials: Tools, equipment and materials are handled safely in accordance with requirements and industry/company policies; Safety procedures for pre-use check and operation of tools and equipment followed in line with requirements.
- Is present at the workstation at the required time from start of shift through to the end. Working hours are used for working; Work tasks are completed within deadlines according to order of priority; Supervisors are informed of any delays in work times or projects and documented on the Filling machine short interval control form.
- Always diligent when operating machinery:
- Teamwork: Works as part of a team; Works across departments, helps colleagues outside of the immediate working group; Responds constructively to others’ ideas and suggestions.
- Work in a fast paced and dynamic organizational environment making expeditious business decisions, adapting to rapidly changing and sometimes unpredictable business situations.
- Demonstrate versatility, grasp, and learn new concepts, developments, and technologies quickly and implement and mentor subordinates.
- Adapt into a culturally diverse work environment.
- Possess honesty, integrity, passion for the work, compassion.
- Sets up machinery for operation.
- Starts machinery and adjusts machinery when necessary to improve performance.
- Operates machinery and equipment according to laid down instructions.
- Assembly of components/products as per approved samples or drawings.
- Troubleshoots issues and performs basic maintenance.
- Adheres to the production process.
- Ensures the quality of the product assembled is correct.
- Appropriately use the non-conforming material outcome to rectify any seal creep, insufficient seal, pouch integrity and any other defects that may occur during production.
- Utilizes tools in the assembly line depending on the type of product manufactured.
- Co-ordinates with other co-workers on issues in the assembly, labelling and packaging line and communicates any issues to supervisor.
- Executes Batch Record, machine checklist, checkweigher checklist, metal detector checklist with accuracy.
- Assists with on-the-job training of other production team members when required.
- Performs any additional task which may be reasonably allocated by the Supervisor/Management
- Cleans machinery and maintains cleanliness in work area.
- Ensures all assembly, labelling and packaging areas are cleaned and kept tidy.
Interested persons who meet the requirements outlined should apply by sending their CV to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL CV AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS MUST BE SENT IN AN EMAIL AS ONE PDF FILE ATTACHMENT. NO HAND-DELIVERED APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.