SHEQ ASSURANCE SUPERVISOR
A SHEQ Assurance Officer is responsible for ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations, environmental regulations, and quality control.
Education & Skills:
- Grade 12, with National diploma in Food Science/Food Technology/Environmental Health or Science
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in food safety/quality in a food manufacturing or processing industry
- Minimum 1 year experience in the canning industry, knowledge of HACCP, regulatory requirements on Meat & Poultry products.
Additional Key attributes:
- Good reporting skills.
- Knowledge of Health and safety at workplace.
- Must be able to implement procedures for control and maintenance of documents.
- Ability to quickly develop in-depth knowledge about applicable products and markets.
- Valid driver’s license essential
- Flexible working hours – Day/Night Shift
- Computer literate in MS office
- Excellent attitude
- Ensuring traceability of all paperwork, data, reports, and product
- Excellent leadership skills and must be able to manage a small team independently.
- Receive information of final product sampled and communicate it to Process Engineer for recon.
- Monitor the lead time and report to SHEQ Manager on late feedback.
- Ensure waste products have left processing areas at every end of production day.
- Ensure monitoring of bait station and activity of pest around the plant and complete pest log records
- Ensure incoming materials received conforms to African Deli quality standards and are from approved suppliers list.
- Monitor ablutions and changing rooms on cleanliness.
- Monitor and verify sanitary compliance before and during production.
- Monitoring of the process at the cutting, mixing, filling, retort, and packing areas
- Sampling of water, surface/equipment swabs and issue non-conformance where deviating from the set standards
- Report non-complying activities and record keeping.
- Verification of retort charts, printing and generating records
- Review and assist SHEQ Manager with annual calibration and actioning of customer complaints.
- Perform ad hoc tasks, projects and quality and safety issues as may be requested by SHEQ Manager
- Assist in other departments – Research & Development and Production
- Training of food handlers
Interested persons who meet the requirements outlined should apply by sending their CV to email address: email@example.com
ALL CV AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS MUST BE SENT IN AN EMAIL AS ONE PDF FILE ATTACHMENT. NO HAND-DELIVERED APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.