SALES REPRESENTATIVE (COASTAL REGION)
The Sales Representative is mainly responsible for the successful sale of consumer food products through effective promotional activities and sales, building and nurturing key relationships in their assigned area and regions.
Education & Skills:
- Diploma in Marketing and/or Sales
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Sales Representative
- Relevant knowledge of sales and marketing
Additional Key attributes:
- Excellent attitude
- Regional knowledge and ability to form relationships.
- Good reporting skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to quickly develop in-depth knowledge about applicable products and markets.
- Valid driver’s license is essential, C1 will be an added advantage.
- Presents, promotes, and sells products using convincing arguments to existing and prospective customers.
- Prepares action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made.
- Identifies sales prospects and contacts these and other accounts as assigned.
- Prepares presentations and proposals to increase sales effectively.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses plus closing status, follow-up communication actions and adherence to goals.
- Coordinates with company staff to accomplish the work required to close sales.
- Develops and implements special sales activities to reduce stock.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Achieves agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule.
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedules to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Follows up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- Establishes and maintains current client and potential client relationships.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; and making recommendations to management.
- Takes charge of the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximise customer satisfaction.
- Communicates new products and opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc. and reports said information back to the company.
Interested persons who meet the requirements outlined should apply by sending their CV to email address: email@example.com
ALL CV AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS MUST BE SENT IN AN EMAIL AS ONE PDF FILE ATTACHMENT. NO HAND-DELIVERED APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.